Props & Weapons
What am I allowed to bring to con?
Below are our guidelines for cosplay props and weapons. If any member of Daisho staff deems your prop unsafe, you must remove it from the convention space.
- Real weapons, functioning or non-functioning
- Peace bonded, glued, or zip-tied swords or knives
- Live steel or metal armor, plating, or shields
- Chemical weapons or explosives
- Solid or heavy clubs, bats, or metal pipes
- Large or unwieldy props, unless they can be folded down or disassembled when walking through the con space
- Laser pointers
- Air horns
- Silly string, glitter, confetti, or any other substantially messy substance
- Ammunition of any kind.
- Including but not limited to liquids, bullets, airsoft pellets, BBs, arrows, Nerf darts, rubber bands, or foam pellets
- Potentially dangerous items
- Rocket Launchers
- Illegal drugs
- Illegal anything
- Prop firearms with orange tips and no magazine
- Nerdy T-shirts
- Awesome cosplays
- Nerf guns with empty magazines for the Nerf Battle
- Glow sticks
- High fives
The bottom line is we are a family-friendly convention and want everyone to have a fun and safe weekend! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to talk to one of our staff members. Additionally if you see a prop that makes you feel unsafe, please talk to one of our security staff.