Accessibility & Inclusivity
At Daisho Con, we strive to make our events inclusive and accessible for all of our attendees. While our accessibility program is in its infancy, we hope to make Daisho Con an improved experience each year for our attendees that may require additional accommodations. Although we can’t remove every barrier at Daisho Con, we will do our best to provide accommodations within the limitations of the convention center, finances, and staffing.
Accessibility information at Daisho Con
If you have a accessibility concern or need, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate before and during the convention. Your main hub of information for accessibility services during Con weekend will be located in the Daisho Con Control Room. Our trained staff will be available to answer your questions and provide additional informational resources throughout the weekend. The Daisho Con Control Room will be staffed at all hours of the convention for your convenience.
A Proud Safe Space
Daisho Con is proud to be a safe space for all attendees! We’re dedicated to fostering an environment on acceptance by providing pronoun ribbons and access to all gender bathrooms.
If you have concerns or feel unsafe anywhere in Daisho Con, please come see us in Control Room or speak with our Security Staff. Control Room is staff all hours of the convention and Convention and Kalahari Security Staff will be on site.
- Mother’s room is Women’s Bathroom across from Cosplay Island
- The stage in Main Programming has wheelchair access, available for attendees that wish to participate in the Cosplay Contest or to get autographs from their favorite Daisho Con guests.
- If you need accommodations for waiting in lines (ie: difficulty with prolonged standing, etc) please ask a Daisho Staff member for assistance or request in advance at Control Room.
- Main Programming events will allow for advance seating for our attendees needing additional time. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early and inform Daisho Con staff. Plan appropriately for popular events as seating may be limited. Advanced seating/Seating assistance does not guarantee admission to all events or special access.
- Due to scheduling limitations, advance seating may not be an option outside of Main Programming. If you would like seating assistance for events outside of Main Programming, you may request in advance at the Control Room or ask a Daisho Con staff member to assist you.
- Pharmacy: Walmart Pharmacy 130 Commerce St, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (3 miles)
- Urgent Care: SSM Health Urgent Care 530 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South,Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965, 608-254-5959 (2 miles)
- Hospital/ER: SSM Health St Clare Hospital-Baraboo 707 Fourteenth Street, Baraboo, WI 53913, 608-356-1400 (10 miles)
- Kalahari Resorts has limited wheelchairs on site for rent at their concierge desk
While we would like to make every aspect of Daisho Con fully accessible for all attendees, we are unable to remove all barriers at this time due to financial, logistical, and staffing limitations. For your convenience we have compiled a list of potential barriers that may exist at Daisho Con.
- Cosplay Island contains a 2 foot high stage without ramp access currently
- Lighting during Rave, Concert, and Karaoke may stimulate epileptic reactions. If you have a history or risk of seizures we advise you not to participate and to enter at your own risk and liability.
- High sensory stimulation is possible during the convention. Currently we don’t not have a low sensory room available for attendees due to the Convention Center layout limitations. These are some potential alternatives are: visit your hotel room to relax in our own controlled space, visit the Art Room for a quieter space with minimum talking and a chance to color, or ask a staff member for a recommendation. If you need to immediately leave the convention space, you may ask any Daisho Con staff to help and quickly escort you out of the convention space.
While Daisho Con will do our best to accommodate all of our attendees the responsibility of venue accessibility ultimately lies with the Kalahari.
If you have questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.